Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oui, c'est fini!

Huzzah, the  s.e.c.r.e.t  p.r.o.j.e.c.t  is finished, blocked, wrapped, and delivered!!

And now for the reveal...
in progress
It's a blanket!  It's for a baby girl due soon, but it's huge enough to be enjoyed by her older brothers before she joins the outside world.

nicely folded in quarters

As discussed previously, this is my first modular project and I mixed it up by choosing to do garterlac in four colors (five if you count the border, but I don't, since it was improvised.).

Basically, I supersized the Garterlac Dishcloth pattern by Dave at Criminy Jickets... like, super-supersized, with 28 or so base triangles.

border detail


Yarn is mostly Knit Picks Comfy Worsted, 3 skeins each of I054 Whisker, B980 Honey Dew, 8062 Silver Sage, and B990 Creme Brulee; border includes a little more than a skein of some extra Knit Picks Comfy Sport in white, held double, that I had lying around.


It is soft and squishy and pretty. Yay.  :)

No comments: