Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow? Day

So yesterday and today were supposed to be a continuation of winter storming, the upshot being a snow day for me! (Lest you think I'm too smug, yes, I had to take a vacation day.  But that is neither here nor there.  ...wait, where is it?)  I spent yesterday knitting emergency baby gifts for a surprisingly-soon new arrival.

quick knit

Little Boy Blue Ribbed Baby Hat by Tonya Wagner
knit with less than a skein each, Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton in 39014 Spruce and 39013 Pale Green

This is a great pattern for a hospital hat; it can fit a range of baby head sizes...

from in the hospital...
even the wrong side is cute
to quite a few months later...
getting all posy

tiny mitts for tiny hands

Baby Mitts by Susan B. Anderson
made from same yarn

I loooooove striping these colors together -- such a delicious color combo in the softest cotton.  However: not green.  Blue.  I don't care what the names suggest, the yarns are blue-gray and light blue-gray.

p.s. Happy Groundhog Day!

No comments: