Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Getting Back on the Knitting Horse

All that movie watching and I've only gotten halfway finished with my secret project??:
Well.  That's just sad.

And I've watched a lot more movies that I've detailed here.  Tip for you: do not watch "Pretty Baby" starring Brooke Shields; it's very well acted, but criminy, I couldn't handle the subject matter.  I pride myself on being pretty unflappable -- is it in print? I can read it -- but sometimes onscreen images get under my skin in the worst way.  A scene in which a twelve-year-old's virginity is sold to the highest bidder made me physically ill; I'm sure it's worse for me now that I have a daughter... just heartbreaking.

ANYWAY: during my blog break, I did some knitting every night.  I've had two projects going on at once: said secret project PLUS a prototype for a shrug for the bridesmaids at my friend's wedding in November.  It's the Burnished Bronze Shrug [Rav link] by Lion Brand Yarn, knit with three skeins of Bernat Satin Solids in Amber.  I'll link to the project page on Ravelry, but no pictures here yet, as my self-photo shoot was rather disastrous.

So this post is kinda lame.  But at least it's not Potter-related.

No comments: