Sunday, August 7, 2011

The last HP post for a good long time

I didn't quite intend for this blog to be hijacked by Pottermania, but I am a bit of a superfan and I don't know when I'm going to be able to see the movie and there's lots of knitwear in the series and I'm done with excuses now.  This is it.

Hey, is it just me, or should these guys be cast as brothers at some point?:
left: Jason Isaacs AKA Lucius Malfoy; right: Mad Men's Jon Hamm

Also, in case anyone has been doubting my HP cred:
on the right: movie hand holding movie prop; on the left: my actual hand holding actual box.
There was a chocolate frog in the chocolate frog box at one point, but I eated it.  And, because "chocolate frogs have cards inside them, you know, to collect":
Rowena Ravenclaw  Medieval (precise dates unknown)
"One of the four famous Founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Rowena Ravenclaw was the most brilliant witch of her time, though legend has it that a broken heart -- cause unknown -- contributed to her demise."

You can expect our regularly scheduled knit-blog programming on my return.  I'm going to let the incomparable Tessa sing us out because this is my new favorite thing:

No comments: