Saturday, December 31, 2011

FO: The Socks

This has never happened before.  This will never happen again.

Salt n Pepper Socks knit for my salt-and-peppered dad.  Only took me a year and a half.  I'm not kidding.

These are Mr. Pitt's Socks (aka Dad Socks) [Rav link], a free pattern designed by Kaitlyn Wong.  The yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine in colorway 1207 Salt and Pepper; you may remember it from its supporting role in the NaKniSweMo cardigan.

This photo cracks me up: the foot is my father's. The phone is me on speaker, talking him through the finer points of knitwear modeling.  He's wearing the wool sock over a garden variety athletic sock; I think 1) the socks are a slight bit too big, and 2) he might have a never-before-mentioned wool allergy that he is too much of a gentleman to disclose at this time.

Socks have never happened before.  Socks will never happen again.

No comments: