Friday, February 3, 2012

Moving Right Along

* I haven't blogged in a while, but I'm still totally here and knitting.  Yay for that!

* There will be an Anne pattern post.  There will. 
Note to self: do the Anne pattern post.

* I finished that hat I started, but the results were so lackluster, I'm not even going to do an FO post for it.  I knit it as homework for the Harry Potter Knitting & Crochet House Cup on Ravelry.  It was my intention to “transfigure” this sock yarn into a hat: a slouchy hat that would use up as much of this yarn as possible, that would in turn “transfigure” my head into a warmer, more stylish entity. (Sadly, the only thing this hat succeeds at is not being a sock.)
Pleh.  AND I need a haircut.

Sockhead Hat [Rav link] by Kelly McClure; knit with three-quarters of a skein of Lion Brand Sock-Ease in colorway 200 Toffee

It's a good pattern and fine yarn.  Hats just don't look good on me -- even worse than cowls!

* Good news: commission knitting!  And more yarn!
It's going to be a hat for someone-not-me who looks awesome in hats.

No comments: