Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mystery Solved!

Hi guys.  I've been busy with family visits -- yay! -- and blanket blerg, but this was too good not to share.  Do you remember the photo I posted of the hideous plastic scary thing at work a while back?  No?  OK, go look, I'll wait.  ...AWFUL, right?  So creepy.

I found a sign yesterday that explained everything:
The U.S. government buys terrifying werewolves coyote decoys to scare the visiting geese in the hopes that the birds will decide to poop elsewhere.  And then they buy warning signs so that someone like me doesn't pick up and move the frightening things into a chorus line outside the boss's office window.  Not that I'd ever do that.  Ahem.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhhh wow, that thing is creepy. No wonder they need a sign to explain it. I definitely would have needed some kind of explanation.

Evelyn said...

That is sooo funny (and yes, creepy). I wonder if the geese will figure out the trick! : )