Thursday, March 14, 2013

FO: Classy Engorgio Shawl

Shawl 12 of 12 Shawls for 2012!  Finished in March 2013, naturally.

Crescent [Rav] by Lauren Irving; knit with over 3 skeins of Knit Picks Swish Worsted in colorway Indigo Heather

This pattern was written for fingering weight yarn, but I upped it to worsted for several reasons:
  1. I had the yarn in stash;
  2. I wanted more coverage for the same yardage; and most importantly:
  3. it was Hail-Mary desperation to complete the 12 Shawls challenge, cast on right before Christmas
The final product has a wingspan of five feet, and I'm really happy with it... soooo Imma just keep this for myself.  It gets cold in my office building.
 

Jury's still out on crescent shawls vs. triangle shawls.
I may be leaning slightly in favor of triangle shawls for the arm coverage/keeping warm factor.
Hmm, but crescent shawls do have that attractive scarf-like quality.
Infirm of purpose!

No comments: