Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Tool To Covet | 4KCBWDAY6

Write about your favourite knitting tool.

It would be way too easy for me to say this here computer machine is my fave knitting tool -- since it holds my patterns and spreadsheets for guidance, my YouTube for when I learn new stuff, my blawg for uploading photos and writing to the ether (and to my mom -- hi Mama!), and my Ravelry for organizing my brain and talking to friends.  It's far too obvious, as I spend a good 85% of my waking hours sitting at a desk chair, and I shan't be goaded into something as hackneyed as all that.  SHAN'T!

No, instead I'd like to share these little beauties:


They look like ordinary bitsy scissors, but these snippers are special -- they fold very nicely into an accident-proof, travel-safe thingamabob:
teensy foldable snippers are a feature of my Knit Kit


Also: I just like clipping yarn, because it signals progress in my knitting -- a color change or an added skein or even a bindoff! 

Progress + (self)preservation + practicality = perfection!

To read other posts from those taking part in Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, simply perform a Google search for the tag 4KCBWDAY6, or click here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, this made me giggle because I just wrote a post saying I could write about my favorite scissors, but chose to extoll the virtues of technology anyway! My little scissors are a travel folding pair too and I do love them.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I love your folding scissors. They are so useful and such a simple object but at the same time clever and unusual.

Faith (the Vampire Slayer) said...

Those look awesome! I'll have to check out these Knit Kits.

Hanrahan said...

Ooh I need a pair of those, preferably with a string on so I can't lose them. I can never find my scissors.

Leah said...

Those are awesome! I like your demonstration gif.

Unknown said...

I have quite a few pair of those. Always handy to have in all my knitting bags!! But there was a learning curve on opening and closing them, LOL!

Britney said...

definitely a new-to-me way to look at scissors. never really noticed that feeling of accomplishment wheneven I take my pair out to snip some ends!